Owning a cat comes with its own set of challenges. Even though, they really bring joy in your life, still you need to know a couple of things before you open your door to a cat. One thing that it’s very important it’s setting boundaries, if you don’t do that you automatically let them think that they own your house. It is that moment when you have to realize that you don’t own a cat, you live with one.
They are quite moody sometimes, one moment they want to be cuddled, the next one they’re all over you with their claws like they’re fighting for their lives. You will have cat hair everywhere, you will have to deal with their deathly stares, all sorts of mess, random cuddles and love affections and so much more.
Below we have made a list of tips and tricks that every cat owner should know before or while living with a feline.
1. Keep your feline away from fragile items, so everyone stays safe and happy
2. Making peace with the fact your bed is no longer your bed.
3. Staying very still when a cat has decided to sit on you.
4. Cats and closed doors
5. Never sleeping with your feet out of the covers because you’ll definitely wake up to kitty sneak attack.
6. Becoming completely accustomed to the presence of cat hairs everywhere.
7. Talking to the cat
8. Petting your cat in just the right place, so they don’t lash out and attack you.
9. And knowing the difference between what is too much and just enough attention.
10. You just have to deal with it
11. Sneezing in the most discreet way possible so you don’t scare the living daylights out of your cat.
12. Convincing yourself that a bite means they love you.
13. They would probably say no to everything you do
14. And that a deathly stare doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to kill you.
15. Accepting that the bathroom will probably never be a private place again.
Have you ever wondered how your office would look if your boss would be a cat? If yes, cartoon artist Tom Fonder will answer all your imaginations with his brilliant web-comic called The Adventures Of Business Cat.
The Adventures of Business Cat details the life and times of the world’s wealthiest business pet. This business tycoon manages a multi-billion dollar corporation and in his free time, he enjoys looking outside of windows. If you have a cat, you will notice that this comic is spot-on cat behavior. From the impulse that drives them into a box, to their strange way of handling gifts, their expressions of love and care, their need to knock things down the tables, and their hate for closed doors.
“Cat is not afraid to milk the corporate cash cow for his taste of the big-time,” Fonder writes on his site. “He pushes the envelope with his integrated approach, maximizing leverage, downsizing, rightsizing, and other business things.”
Take a look below for some of the newest adventures of the business cat.