We had out share of bad designs, the good ones, but today we’re going for the dangerous ones. There’s a whole subreddit r/DangerousDesigns. that shares all the products that people buy but don’t really read the warnings. We are not talking for the poorly made designs, but for the ones that can harm or even kill someone.
This online community was created back in 2014, and now counts 141k members who share this kind of content. You can find everything that would be close to bringing death, from awful architecture to the similar design of drinks and bleach. It is crazy how many people buy things and do not check their warnings, or side effects that one particular item might do.
Below we have made a collection of these awful designs that are so awful and dangerous, it’s insane how they even made it to the market.
1. This 1955 device for smoking a whole packet of cigarettes at once.
2. In the 1930s you could buy artificial snow made out of 100% asbestos
3. Similar design, one can kill and one tastes good
4. Guess it’s back to good ol’ drunk driving
5. Stairwell in a hotel I stayed in
6. May have been posted before but this is pure insanity
7. Food aid packages and cluster bombs, both dropped on Afghanistan in 2001
8. Branding is everything
9. Was looking for a budget mattress when I saw this…
10. This 1930s design let you hang your baby over the side of a building in a cage
11. The Cannonball Loop waterslide, a slide so dangerous it was shutdown almost immediately after opening
12. Find the shower
13. It’s fine, nothing to worry about
14. Mmmmmm, yes I love my 3×10 room
15. Imagine trying to turn the radio up and you end up going backwards on the highway…
16. We’ll see
17. Step out of a bathtub down a flight of stairs, anyone?
18. This architect accidentally built a death ray that melts cars and fries eggs… again