Woodworking is one of the finest crafts out there. Imagine all the incredible things you can build if you know how to work with wood. For instance, a fallen piece of tree in the wood can transform into a beautiful piece of furniture in the blink of an eye.
Although it takes quite some time and commitment, the results are totally worth it. To illustrate that better for you, we have chosen to share with you some of the finest pieces of crafts. These are some awesome pieces of work that people have built and shared in the r/Woodworking subreddit.
If you’re already know anything about woodworking, here are some awesome ideas for your next DIY project. Scroll down below to check them out, and let us know in the comment section what you think of these crafts.
1. Scrollsawn project with all natural woods (no stains or dyes). Prince John and Hiss from Robin Hood. Oodalally!!
2. Imagine the look on my face when my boss said “you’ll be lead carpenter on this stair job” when I had never made a single tread before. Lots of work by lots of people, I can’t take all the credit, but damn if I didn’t pour my blood and sweat into this staircase.
3. Been lurking here a long time, quit my job as a software developer about six months ago because I hated sitting at a desk all day. Started woodworking full time, this was my first major job, finally finished.
4. First violin is finished!
5. I needed a shed and wanted an outdoor bar so I combined the two ideas. Still more to do but I’m really liking how it’s turning out.
6. After 8 months of hard work I can finally call it DONE! Over 1600 hrs of work into one staircase
7. When you tell your retired cabinet building father in-law that the guys from home depot said no to what I wanted designed for my kitchen. He said “meet me in my shop”
8. Carved An Owl, A Bit Different
9. Vlad the Builder: Project #(we lost count)
10. Definitely the biggest project I’ve ever done. Solid oak through and through, all locally sourced in the Scottish Highlands
11. Carved from salvaged barn wood as a gift for my friend who’s pug recently passed
12. I made a walnut coffee bar.
14. Built some stairs down to the ocean, and a drinking spot half way down
15. A little under cabinet spice drawer I built. So satisfying and it really makes finding the right spice a breeze.
16. When you need a break from the chaos of the world…
17. I keep seeing all your quarantine projects, so I thought I might share mine here too.
18. Library I did. There are many leather bound books, and it smells of rich mahogany.
19. A bunk bed I built for my daughter’s 5th birthday
Japan is a large country that everyone dreams of visiting at least once in their lifetime. There are a lot of things that make this country stand out from the rest. Japan is definitely one of the most futuristic places in the world. We made a list of facts before that point out all the great things about it, which you can check here.
However, today we made a fresh list of images and reasons why this place should be on the top of your traveling list.
From the extremely technologically advanced to the gorgeous scenery, delicious food, fascinating history. Scroll down below to check out all these amazing facts about this place. Make sure to upvote your favorite reason for visiting this place.
1. A hotel in Tokyo has a reception desk that is run by robot dinosaurs
2. I recently gave birth in Japan. Here is some of the hospital food I ate
3. This sign in Japan shows the proper seating etiquette
4. A café in Japan is hiring paralyzed people to control robot servers in order to still make an income
5. Unattended grocery store. Just pick what you want and leave the money in the jar
6. Penguin soap opera in Kyoto aquarium
7. Japan is a rapidly ageing population and is running out of workers to take care for elders. They are solving this problem with robots. One of them – Robear – is able to lift a parson and transfer him to a wheelchair or help to get to a bathroom
8. Japanese toilets often have a button that plays white noise/water sounds so you can poop without other people hearing your business
9. There is a phone booth known as the “telephone of the wind” on a hill overlooking the ocean in Otsuchi town in northeastern Japan. It is connected to nowhere, but people come to “Call” family members lost during the 2011 earthquake and tsunami
10. Japan repair a sinkhole in Fukuoka city in 2 days
11. Another reason why I love Japan
12. Flight delayed in Japan. Airline employees bow to the passengers to apologize
13. At Japanese airports, the baggage handlers arrange luggage by color so it’s easier for you to find your bag
14. Another great Japanese invention: umbrella lockers. So you don’t have to carry them around inside a building and nobody takes yours ‘accidentally’
15. Subways in Japan have women only cars
16.These square watermelons in japan – grown in boxes to shape them while on the vine – for convenient stacking, shipping, and refrigerator storage
17. This toilet in japan has a system of occupied/vacant toilets information
18. Expectations meet reality in Japan
19.In the city of Shimabara on Japan’s Kyushu island, the drainage canals are so clean they are home to hundreds of koi carp
20.This shopping center in japan has free refrigerated lockers for your perishables so you can keep shopping after you get your groceries