You’ve seen our share of ‘mildly interesting things’. So far we’ve had quite some examples which you can see here, and here. And today we have prepared another interesting collection for you. These images you’re about to see below are all a fruit of a large online community in Reddit, r/mildlyinteresting, with over 18.8 members. It is that perfect place when everyone gets to have their say, and post whatever they think is interesting. For some people it is, for some, it might not be, but the name itself lets you know what to expect.
Created in 2012, this online group has been increasing in the number of followers a lot on Reddit and it’s kinda crazy when you think how comparatively little it offers. The content isn’t “the most interesting, is not even “really” interesting, it’s simply “mildly” interesting, which makes them a perfect balance between two poles of the world, interesting, which is rare, and uninteresting, which is all too common.
Scroll down below to see the pictures we selected, and if you want more, make sure to visit this subreddit.
1. A guy I saw fishing in his boat on a very foggy day…
2. Septic truck i got stuck behind the other day.
3. My frozen lemonade was so full, you can’t tell I removed the lid already.
4. This sunset looks like a wildfire, southern Finland today
5. This sweet potato is both orange and white.
6. This is a photo of me wearing a homemade Viking watermelon helmet.
7. There was a small windstorm this weekend at the same exact time the flowers were ready to drop
8. This potato looks like a penguin sliding on its belly
9. My banana appears to have stitched its wound shut.
10. My car recently hit 69,420 miles
11. A 50MP image of our Moon captured from my Terrace.
12. Blind dates prevent you from judging a book by its cover
13. 40 year old chocolate chips from 1981 found in Great Grandmas freezer. Yikes!
14. Went for a walk down a trail the other day and came across a fairy home
15. 1957 3D picture viewer from my Grandparents wedding
16. In Sweden there are road crossing signs with both male and female figures.
17. Found a grenade in the garden, had a visit from the army bomb disposal unit
18. I used the same urinal as Quentin Tarantino
19. The air vents on a subway in Stockholm have a hidden Pacman easter egg
20. I was born without finger or toe prints.
21. I genuinely thought my car was hovering over the parking
22. 3D Printed Julius Caesar Pencil Holder
20 Annoying and Unrealistic Myths That People Unfortunately Still Believe
Since we were kids, we got influenced by our parents/grandparents and the myths they told us. Society has grown through time, but there are some things that haven’t changed since the dawn of time. Things vary from culture to culture, but there are a lot of myths that people disguise as common knowledge, and we just follow them as an unwritten law. However, a lot of these myths are quite annoying. Considering the modern and technological advanced world we live in, we like to have proof of everything in order to believe it.
One reddit user, u/Eichberg, asked a question. What is an annoying myth people still believe? This question sparked some fire on the internet and around 20k people had something to share relating to it. A lot of people shared the myths they know or believe, and we made a list of some of them. Therefore, scroll down below to check it out. And if there’s another myth you know, feel free to use the comment section and share it with us.
You have to wait 24 hours before filing a missing person report – popthetab
Fish only have a 5-second memory. My fish are fed automatically on a timer and they know dinner time better than my goddamn cat. – Osr0
The Great Wall of China is the only man-made structure visible from space. First of all, it’s not, and second, other ones are.
EDIT: It’s not visible from space with the naked eye, defining “space” in the usual way as starting 62 miles up. – Plug_5
If you lift your hands above your head while pregnant you will strangle the baby. I am sure it was started by smart women who didn’t want to do all the housework while pregnant and tired. I still hear it every now and again. – Letmetellyowhat
Black belts have to register their fists as weapons… I can’t believe I was dumb enough to fall for that. What’s more interesting than that is one of the reasons (If not the only reason) that the myth propagated:
Wrestlers and well-known martial artists back in the day we’re constantly being challenged in their personal time at bars and stuff. This got super annoying and they just wanted to have peace without people trying to fight them all the time.
Many of these fighters learned that having a “lethal fists” card that they could display gave them an excuse to turn down fights without an argument for fear of “accidentally killing them”. It also worked as a deterrent.- codered434
Bulls get angry when they see the color red…- popthetab
That vaccines cause autism, are made by the government to control you etc etc – Bona-fide1·
It’s not really annoying per se but the tongue map thing. The entire tongue tastes all flavors – xXBlitzz
That you get warts from frogs. Warts come from the human papilloma virus and come from contact with the virus through broken skin. It is a human specific virus and cannot be spread through different species.
Edit: Apparently people don’t realize that toads are a type of frog. Yes, the myth is about toads but frogs can also be included if they have bumpy skin. Most people can’t tell the difference between toads and frogs anyway.-mtn-cat .
That violence in the world is getting worse and worse. Actually, in relation to the world’s population we live in the most non-violent era in history. The problem is that, while 500 years ago you might have not even heard all the news from within your city, we can now hear all the horrible news from all over the world (and we’re also more people). But still, human interaction and conflict in general is much less violent than it used to be. – mediocre_medstudent1
That if you touch a baby bird, its mother will abandon it because of the smell. Birds actually have a very bad sense of smell.- grmidnight
A lot of commonly believed stuff about the female reproductive system/anatomy, like vaginas getting loose if a woman has a lot of sex, or that having a lot of sex somehow drastically changes the look of a woman’s labia.-iswearimalady