Being in quarantine really brought out the artistic spirit at some people. Some things that really kept people engaged in random activities when everything was in lockdown were the online trends and different challenges that were going viral at the time, and still are.
One of the most amusing that we have spotted was the Bin Isolation Outing. This challenge was started by Danielle Askew, a Queensland kindergarten teacher who wanted to break the monotony of isolation. The whole idea was to dress up in your fanciest clothes on garbage day.
What started as to share a giggle between friends, soon the page counted half a million members, and is filled with photos and videos of folks around Australia (and, increasingly, the world) taking their bins to the curb in fun costumes.
Danielle Askew created the page, after a friend jokingly wrote on Facebook that she was excited to take the bin out because it gave her a reason to leave the house. Soon after it turned into a worldwide challenge and it took over Instagram as well. a lot of Instagram users started posting pictures of their fancy clothes on this ‘ special day’ under the hashtag binisolationouting . They really made sure to do their best to meet the criteria of this challenge, and came up with some of the most hilarious ideas.
Below we have made a collection of some of the best outfits that will crack you up, and we really hope this challenge will continue even when the pandemic it’s over.
More info: Instagram
1. Since I can’t be at @awesomecons next weekend, I’ll just wear my cosplays around the house
2. Keeping myself amused
3. We’re calling this one, “Gone With The Bin!”
4. Bin isolating.. nothing to see here, just taking out the garbage like I do each week.
5. “When it takes you a whole day to wheel the wheelie bin out”
6. Last night I made a name for myself as #TrashlaSwift lol. Had a wheelie fun date night taking him out! Eventually realized he was full of rubbish and just wanted to talk trash. Bin there done that.
So i took the bin out.. didn’t go so well. Told me I’m not not what he’s bin looking for. So I told him he was full of rubbish!