National Take Your Dog to Work Day, celebrated annually on the Friday following Father’s Day (June 26), honors one of our most beloved pets. Wouldn’t you agree, the hardest part of the day is leaving our four-legged fur babies behind as we head to the office? So, when Pet Sitters International (PSI) pitched the idea of taking them with us, how could we resist? Dogs brighten up even the best days so it’s pretty obvious they will up the fun factor at work exponentially. As you run out the door, don’t forget your briefcase and a doggie bag. We’ll see you at the office!
So, raise the WOOF and get ready to host a National Take Your Dog to Work Day event where you work and make everyone’s day better.
1. Take Your Dog To Work Day
If you receive the green light from your company, this holiday is a great way to show off your dog to your coworkers. National Take Your Dog to Work Day began in 1999 as a way to celebrate companion dogs and to encourage adoptions. Having your dog at work with you all day may make it a little tough to get all of your tasks done. But having the dog with you may allow you to interact with your coworkers in a whole new way, as the dog is a great icebreaker. Pitch that idea of promoting better communication and teamwork to your boss, and you may convince him or her to allow you to have Fido sitting next to your desk, celebrating this holiday.
2. Hard Day At Work
3. This Dentist Brings His Dog In To Calm Nervous Children
Recognized for the first time in 1999, National Take Your Dog to Work Day celebrates our immense love for dogs. But our adoration of man’s best friend wasn’t the only reason PSI suggested the holiday. National Take Your Dog to Work Day is also intended to cleverly promote pet adoptions. Through these work events, non-pet owners witness the special bond their co-workers have with their pets and, hopefully, find themselves swayed to adopt a new best friend of their own.
4. Sir, I Will Be With You In A Moment
Cue the local animal shelters and rescue groups. With almost 4 million dogs entering shelters across the US every year, the animal rescue has become an important cause among Americans. Companies care about what their employees care about and, it’s clear, we care about dogs. So, companies benefit by getting involved from a community outreach perspective and from an enhanced employee engagement point of view.
5. Office Desk Puppy Just Wants To Sleep
6. After A Hard Day In The Office
Around 300 businesses hosted a National Take Your Dog to Work Day event in 1999 and the popularity of the holiday has grown steadily since. Twenty years later, over 63 million US households own at least one dog and the pet industry is estimated to have brought in over $70 billion in 2019. Our dogs (and cats) are family and we spoil them as much as any other child. In response, we now see companies who are dog-friendly, not limiting the number of days an employee can bring Buddy to work to just one.
7. This Is What Happens When You Bring Your Puppy To Work
8. Kona Has Been Working On Paperwork All Day Long
9. Today Is Bring Your Dog To Work Day. My Malamute Dressed For The Occasion
10. My Brother’s Dog Likes To Help Him At Work
11. In Honor Of Take Your Dog To Work Day, Meet Our 130 Pound Lap Dog
12. Boston Terrier Puppy At The Office From Atlanta, Georgia, USA
13. So My Dog Goes To Work With My Dad, And She Gets Creepy When She Is Ready For A Walk
14. I Brought My Dog, Piper, To Work Today
15. At A Prague Advertising Agency, Every Day Is Bring Your Dog To Work Day
16. Olive The London Blippuppy
17. Take Your Dog To Work Day
18. It’s Up To Holly To Keep Her Co-workers Cheerful And Productive
19. She Comes To Work Every Day
20. Our Office Dog Comes To My Desk And Makes This Face At Me Every Day
21. My Dog Is My Office Buddy, But He Can Be A Creeper Toward My Secretary
22. Just Another Day At The Office
23. A Visit From The Office Dog
24. Chester’s Enjoying A Relaxing Day At The Office
25. Just A Big Ole Mastiff Puppy Napping On Me At Work
26. Buster, Is Six Months Old Now, And It’s Been An Action-packed Journey Already For All Of Us In The Office
27. My Coworker Brought Her Dog To Work Today. He Sat Like This For All 8 Hours
28. I Bring My Dog To Work Everyday. This Is How He Chills
29. Take Your Dog To Work Day