Every year, around the world, animals are killed by vehicles and it’s hard to say that we don’t know how many are killed and up to one million are killed every day on the roads of the US alone. But it feels nice when you hear that some countries have built some bridges to ensure the safety of their wildlife.
The first animal bridges were built in the 1950s in France, and the longest in the world called Natuurbrug Zanderij Crailoo and can be found in the Netherlands.
Below is a list of some of the best animal crossings on the planet.
1. Wildlife Crossing In Belgium
2. Ecoduct In Banff National Park, Canada
3. A Rope Bridge Over The Hume Freeway In Victoria
4. A Grizzly Bear Emerging From An Underpass After Crossing The Trans-Canada Highway In Banff National Park
5. Turtle Tunnel In Japan
6. Blue Penguin Underpass In New Zealand
7. Elephant Underpass In Kenya
8. Bridge For The Animals In North Brabant Provice, Netherlands
9. Wildlife Overpass In Banff, Alberta
10. Crab Bridge In Christmas Island, Australia
11. Bridge For Monkeys And Other Animals To Cross Over The Road In Bahia, Brazil
12. A Tunnel For Animals Under The Highway, Finland
13. Squirrel Bridge In Washington
14. Ecoduct In Germany
15. Ecoduct In The Netherlands
16. Bee Highway In Oslo, Norway
17. Cattle Underpass In Victoria, Australia
18. Salmon Cannon In Columbia River, Eastern Washington
19. Amphibian Crossing In California