As life progresses forward, we rarely stop to look back just to see how everything was before life took a huge turn for us. There’s a great nostalgic feeling looking at the old pictures of yourself and think about that simple time of joy that it portrays, and then you see yourself in the mirror and see the changes that have happened over time. We’re not talking only for images of yourself, or people around you that you know. There are a lot of celebrities who we like and inspires us, that have gone through these changes as well.
Since most of these people have grown and evolved in the public eye, we haven’t really noticed the difference, but artist Ard Gelinck has been able to put these periods of time side by side, and the comparison it’s quite alarming to think how fast the time is passing by.
Gelinck’s photoshop skills make these portraits look seamless, as if the artists have traveled back in time to take e picture with their younger selves. One thing we can say for sure is that these people have aged like a fine wine, and hope we are going to be as lucky too.
Scroll down below to see two different periods of time emerged in one picture by Ard Gelinck’s incredible skills, and follow his Instagram for more updates on his work.
1. Bob Dylan
3. Julia Roberts
4. Stevie Wonder
5. Jennifer Aniston
6. Courtney Cox
7. George Clooney
9. Snoop Dog
11. Joaquin Phoenix
12. Al Pacino with his good old friend Tony Montana.
13. Pierce Brosnan
14. Mick Jagger
15. Prince Philip
15 Brilliant Hidden Facts in Pixar Movies That Have Been Spotted By Some Sharp-eyed People
When we think of our childhood, a big part of it was influenced by our love for cartoons. For instance, Pixar movies impress us even as adults. We all were waiting with impatience for Toy Story 4 to hit the theatres. Imagine all other adorable movies that remain a sweet part of our life. Ratatouille, Inside Out, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Coco, and so many other movies bring us back to the sweet moments of the past anytime we sit in front of the TV.
However, besides its movies, this animating studio is known for something else as well. This one interesting detail that we didn’t notice as kids. It’s the tiny details that are hidden in the story.
Some people with sharp eyes, have noticed these details and have shared them on the internet. From the paintings to the pizza toppings, there are quite some details that didn’t cross our eyes until now. Scroll down below to find out what they are. Also, make sure to share this fact with Pixar fans that you know.
1. Kid notices something that most of us wouldn’t have: UP(2009), Cars 2 (2011)
2. In Finding Nemo (2003), Gill is a moorish idol. This species is known to not handle captivity well, so him being the one who constantly comes up with escape plans makes sense.
3. In Toy Story 2 (1999) , the American flag is replaced by the globe in rest of the world.
4. “A113” is an animator’s inside joke: It refers to a classroom number at the California Institute of the Arts where many of the Pixar folks got their start. The number has worked its way into nearly every Pixar movie.
5. Incredibles (2004) Elastagirl’s Original Suit Was Red And Mr. Incredible’s Suit Was Blue, Their First Child’s Name? Violet
6. When Mike marks an x on the calendar in red marker, it’s brighter and fresher than the rest of the marks, which have dried
7. The carpet at Sid’s house in toy story (1995) was intentionally made the same as the carpet at the overlook hotel in The Shining (1980), one of many references to the horror film throughout the Pixar series
8. In “Up” (2009) The Town Buildings Develop Over The Years
9. In Inside Out (2015), Riley’s Clothes Become More Muted As She Becomes More Depressed Throughout The Movie
10. In The Incredibles 2, The Painting In Helen’s Hotel Room Is An Illustration Of Her Seperation From The Family
11. In Inside Out, The Pizza Toppings Were Changed From Broccolis To Bell Peppers In Japan, Since Kids In Japan Don’t Like Bell Peppers. Pixar Localised The Joke
12. For Brave (2012), Pixar Developed Two New Software Programs Over Three Years To Allow Simulation Of Merida’s 1,500 Strands Of Hair Curls To Move Together With Her Movements
13. In Up (2009), Dug Is The Only Dog To Successfully Track Down The Tropical Bird Because He Is The Only Hunting Dog (Golden Retriever). All The Others Are Guard Dog Breeds
14. Whenever Characters Play Guitar In The Movie, Their Hands Form The Actual Chords Corresponding To The Music… Even Though It Would’ve Been Easy To Just Fake It
15. In The Pixar Logo After The Credits Of Wall-E, Wall-E Replaces Luxo Jr.’s Lightbulb With An Environmental Friendly Bulb After His “Round” Bulb Goes Out