Time consumes things. Use it or not, everything will fade away when exposed to the environment. Things constantly change, evolve, and it is a great nostalgic feeling to look back at them and notice that change. As they say, “Time and tide wait for no man,” and that’s completely true.
It is amazing to see how some things have stood the test of time, and the only way to notice it is when we compare the old and new side by side. Therefore, to portray exactly that, we have compiled a list of items that made it through time.
Scroll down to check out this treasure of the past that made it through in our modern world.
1. This whole brick wall which has been shaped by the sea
2. Good boy spotted in Prague
3. Can we just get to the part where you dispense gas?
4. Pigment stripped from leaf because it spent so much time in a pool
5. Our local barber has been in business for as long as I can remember. The metal floor is worn down where he walks round the only chair each day
6. This door has worn away from 50 or so years of being hit by a bell when opened
7. My great grandfather’s British army issue pocket watch along with the German bullet that it stopped in France 1914
8. My mom bought the same stuffed animal for my sister in case she lost it. After 16 years, we found all four of them
9. This sculpture of Jesus at abandoned cemetery in Poland gets slowly absorbed by a tree. Pictures taken 12 years in between
10. Staples from posters after four decades
11. In 1995, my great-aunt gave me a stuffed cat. It was my absolute favorite, and slept with me every night through my childhood. When she passed, we found out she had bought an identical cat and kept it in pristine condition for two decades. The years of love certainly left their mark.
12.Trinity abbey in my home town, mid-cleaning
13. Ghosts of union station
14. Stairs on the great wall of china. How many people do you think have walked on them?
15. Fax machine/scanner used so heavily, the paper has cut the plastic over time
16. New welding gloves vs old ones
17. Planting 90,000ish trees take a few inches of a shovel
18. I used this mouse for so long, I wore a thumb-groove into it
19. My Aging Shift Knob And A Perfectly Good One Lurking Underneath
Our climate is changing around us faster than predicted. From more frequent and extreme storms to unprecedented heatwaves, we’re indeed feeling the impacts of human-caused global warming. The icebergs are melting, various locations are experiencing greater flooding, wildfires are happening more frequently, and so on.
Specifically, scientists have studied past climate changes to understand the factors that can cause the planet to warm or cool. The big ones are changes in solar energy, ocean circulation, volcanic activity as well as the number of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. Thus, they have each played a role at times. However, human activities are not an exception since it is believed to be main contributors to such increases in average global temperatures
And although we’re all concerned about climate change when it looks like a problem for future generations, we still ask ourselves, ‘will climate change even affect me?’ No matter what we care about, climate change is already affecting our world today. While we still have time to limit the worst impact, we have collected 15 great reasons to start acting now.
These photos illustrate the state of the planet and our climate, as it has changed over the past decade. They reveal how much seriously we must consider the climate change issues!
#1 Climate change weakens forests
#2 Beach erosion
#3 Worsening drought
Study says the current California drought is the worst in 1,200 years. Warmer temperatures are worsening droughts.