We have a lot of map lovers out there that love to feast their eyes on some interesting maps that show different aspects of countries worldwide. So far, we have had a lot of examples of maps all over the world which you can check out here, here, and here, and today we are going to do a collection of some of the coolest maps shared on r/MapPo*n. This group of map lovers counts around 1.4 million members, where everyone shares maps with different content.
This illustration is the best way to learn about to world and its characteristics. From animals widespread to the maps you’ll find one a manhole, this group it’s a map’s lover paradise.
In the gallery below, we have made a collection of some of their best. Scroll down below, to check them out and learn more about the world in different aspects.
1. World map of borders
2. The topologist’s map of the world – a map showing international borders, and nothing else
3. Passenger railway network 2020
4. In which state you can find the highest percentage of people with ancestry from every European country?
5. What Happened to the Disciples?
6. I made a retro pixel map of the USA! Tried to include some of the iconic monuments/locations that resonated with me.
7. Animals Of The World Map
8. To increase local tourism, Lithuania has made a map with magnets that you can only find in corresponding cities
9. The United States of Sitcoms
10. I was bored, so I made The United States of Christmas Cookies
11. Oklahoma manhole covers have a city map on, with a blue dot to show where you are
12. All men’s Olympic gold medal winners since 2000 in water-polo were born in this area
13. Had this realization recently – None of the countries that surrounded Poland before 1990 exist anymore
14. This 1907 British travel advertisement compares Cornwall to Italy.
15. In old Euro € coins, the borders of countries were drawn, not anymore (the left one is from 2009, the right one from 1999)
16. I have been drawing countries and states with one line. Here is my Canada
17. Here’s my map of the British Isles in the style of Super Mario World! Another one to check from my list!
18. The proportion of the population in African countries having access to electricity
19. All states Scooby-Doo has visited onscreen in the cartoons, movies, and comics
20. Place names that contain the word ‘peak’, ‘mountain’, ‘ridge’, ‘plain’ and ‘field’ in the united states